All About ME

I'm Kamille, I'm 19 years young, and this is my blog! I grew up in a house with 3 brothers and 0 sisters. I'm LDS and I love the gospel! I am currently attending Utah State University, majoring in Social Work. I'm bringing you with me on my journey of moving out, starting college, getting surgery, dating, living and loving life, and all the in between! Stay for a while and enjoy!

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Optimism Is key!

If anyone had a bad day today, it was me! Would you like a play-by-play? Good because I'm going to give you one!

It all started 7 months ago when I decided to get a job at all call center, it wasn't bad at first but the longer I have been here the worse it gets. So here is the low down: you make money for the company, get there on time, and meet all the hour requirements and you can bonus all the way! However they make that very hard, I call republicans asking for donations! Anyway, long story short I won't be bonusing very much this paycheck!

Next, I woke up early so I could get a lot of errands done before work. So at 9 am I was out weeding raspberry bushes for a few hours. That doesn't sound too bad until I remind you that raspberry bushes have thorns.... we have at least 8 feet of bushes. I finally finish and go inside to boil some eggs from my mom when I decided to check to notifications on my phone. This was when I was reminded that I had an orthodontist appointment in 15 minutes!

So I get to the appointment, right on time! And sit and wait for THIRTY MINUTES. What even is this?! So that was awesome. I get my wires changed and realize I haven't eaten yet and my mouth is going to be sore for the next week.

I get to work, do horrible, and go home. My house is empty and I remember that I was supposed to go to my grandma's house for fireworks! I hop in the car and drive the 20 minutes there and realize my parents van isn't there. I call my mom and she so kindly reminded me that we scheduled that for tomorrow.

What did I learn from all of this? Optimism is key! I know you are probably thinking, "How on earth did you learn that?!" Let me explain myself!

I believe that everything happens for a reason! Along with that I believe in Karma. In the past I would blame other people for my bad mood and try find reasons why I was having so much bad luck. Tonight I realized that it doesn't help anything or anyone if I try to put the blame on someone else and being in a bad mood also won't help you or anyone else! People are drawn to positive uplifting people, someone that is happy! If you are showing everyone that you are having a bad day who does that help?

I want people to remember me as the girl that was always smiling! The girl that was constantly uplifting others, not the pessimist. Which one are you?


Much love :)

No comments:

Post a Comment