All About ME

I'm Kamille, I'm 19 years young, and this is my blog! I grew up in a house with 3 brothers and 0 sisters. I'm LDS and I love the gospel! I am currently attending Utah State University, majoring in Social Work. I'm bringing you with me on my journey of moving out, starting college, getting surgery, dating, living and loving life, and all the in between! Stay for a while and enjoy!

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Mistakes Become Knowledge

Time flies! Its September! I have been living on my own for 4 weeks and have been at school for 3 weeks, and so much has already happened! Where do I begin?

BOYS, of course!
I made a goal to push my personal boundaries and step out of my comfort zone as much as possible. As a result I have met TONS of new people, its incredible! I am learning so many new things about myself and others and I am becoming more comfortable talking to strangers, is that a good thing? I have decided that boys aren't everything they seem, and there are always going to be guys that you don't get along with or don't like but sometime you just have to deal with it for the sake of your friends. Sometimes you will be rejected and sometimes you will have to do the rejecting. Is it possible to reject a guy in a nice way? I haven't met anyone significant (not that I'm looking), but I have been interested in talking to some very cute guys. I have been told that I have a flirty personality and that is not always a good thing, people get the wrong idea about you and make bad assumptions, when really I am just trying to be nice and get to know people. Gossip isn't something that we should ever have to deal with but we are only human. I think it is good to remember forgiveness and that nobody is perfect, put yourself in others' shoes and look at things from a different perspective. I'm glad that I have friends that will stand up for me and that care about me enough to watch out for me. Bringing me to my next topic, friends.

We all love friends, right?
Just as I mentioned before, I have been meeting so many new people and I am so excited for this year to continue to progress so I can continue to meet new people and get my name out there. One thing that I learned is that it never hurts to say hi to someone or to strike up some small talk. What do you have to lose?
My roommates are all fantastic, we are all different but we all get along so well! There is always at least one of them that want to go do something with me and I loving having them around to talk with. We are all growing up and learning all sorts of new things and it is so fun!

School, School, School.
All I ever hear about college is that it is so hard, scary, overwhelming, and exhausting! I have experienced the exact opposite! School is school, yes, but I love being on campus and meeting new people in my classes. The discussions we have in class are so much more mature and intriguing. Nobody cares if you were the cheer captain or if you were the most popular kid in school, instead their impressions of you begin the first time you meet. So far, homework hasn't been completely drowning me! I have been able to stay on task and keep up with everything. I have been busy, that's for sure!

College is treating me well and I am so excited to continue to grow and improve in all aspects of my life! Hopefully I can continue to meet new people each day and build relationships. Wish me luck!

Much love :)

No comments:

Post a Comment